Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry for the #MezamashiiRun Contest. We were truly inspired by all the wonderful entries. Please take a look at the gallery below to find inspiration for your next incredible run, and keep searching for Mezamashii.
A Brilliant Run with Bart Yasso
Each lucky grand prize winner, one winner for the photo contest, and one winner for the video contest, will go on a private training run with Bart Yasso, Chief Running Officer for Runner’s World. You also get to pick the location that inspires you most. You’ll be flown anywhere you want to go in the continental United States and have an exclusive workout session with Bart. He’ll give you training advice, develop a customized running plan just for you and share his running wisdom. This is your chance to transform your running routine into something brilliant.
Prize package includes round trip airfare to anywhere in the continental United States, two night's hotel accommodations and a private running session with Bart Yasso, Chief Running Officer, Runner's World.
Runner’s Up Prizes
Ten lucky runners, five for the photo contest and five for the video contest, will win a pair of Mizuno running shoes. Sometimes the only difference between a good run and a brilliant run is the shoes.
Mezamashii Run CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The “Your Brilliant Run Contest” (the “Contest”) starts at 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 3, 2013 and ends at 11:59 Pm ET on August 3, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. Sponsors’ computer, or that of its designee, runs the official clock for the Promotion and will solely determine the time by which a submission is received. The Contest is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law. THE CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, OR VINE. “Instagram” is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc. “Twitter” is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. “Vine” is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to: (i) legal residents of the 48 United States and District of Columbia, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA, rhode island, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions, and all other countries, territories or possessions, (ii) who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in his/her state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry and (iii) at the time of entry into the Contest, have or create: (A) an Instagram account through Instagram at http://instagram.com (“Instagram”), OR (B) a Twitter account through Twitter at https://twitter.com (“Twitter”) or (C) a Vine account through Vine at http://vine.co (“Vine”). It is free to create accounts through Twitter, Instagram, or Vine Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Contest, performed services for Sponsors or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Mechanically altered or reproduced Entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Contest or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, all Instagram’s terms at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms and privacy terms at http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy (collectively, the “Instagram Terms”), and all Twitter’s terms at https://twitter.com/tos and privacy terms at https://twitter.com/privacy (collectively, the “Twitter Terms”), and Vine terms and privacy terms at http://vine.co/terms (collectively, “Vine Terms”), and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, Instagram Terms, and Twitter Terms, and the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
2. THREE WAYS TO ENTER: You may enter with a Photo (defined below) via an Instagram Entry (defined below) or Twitter Entry, or with a Video via an Instagram Entry or with a Video via a Vine Entry. Entries (defined below) with a Photo will be judged against other Entries with a Photo and Entries with a Video will be judged against other Entries with a Video pursuant to Paragraph 3 below. To enter during the Promotion Period using Instagram: you must: (i) become a follower of Mizuno on Instagram at @MizunoRunning throughout the Promotion Period, (ii) take a photo (the “Photo”) or video (the “Video”) that depicts or illustrates your most brilliant run; for example, a Photo or Video of you at the finish line of a big race or of you running on your most inspirational route (the “Contest Theme”), (iii) follow the instructions on Instagram to upload your Photo or Video to Instagram, (iv) caption your Photo or Video with the hashtag “#MezamashiiRun”, and (v) share the Photo or Video on Instagram (“Instagram Entry”). To enter during the Promotion Period using Twitter: you must: (i) become a follower of Mizuno on Twitter @MizumoRunning throughout the Promotion Period, (ii) take a Photo that depicts or illustrates the Contest Theme, (iii) follow the instructions on Twitter to upload your Photo to Twitter, (iv) caption your Photo with the hashtag “#MezamashiiRun”, and (v) share the Photo on Twitter (“Twitter Entry”). To enter during the Promotion Period using Vine: you must: (i) become a follower of Mizuno on Twitter @MizumoRunning throughout the Promotion Period, (ii) take a 6 second Video using Vine that depicts or illustrates the Contest Theme, (iii) follow the instructions on Twitter to upload your Video to Twitter from Vine, (iv) caption your Video with the hashtag “#MezamashiiRun”, and (v) share the Video on Twitter (“Vine Entry”). The Instagram Entry, Twitter Entry and Vine Entry are collectively referred to herein as the “Entry” or “Entries”. When you upload a Photo or Video using Twitter and/or Vine, or Photo or Video using Instagram, you will automatically generate a newsfeed of the Photo or Video on your Instagram, Twitter, and or Vine profile page, as well as http://mezamashiirun.com/ (the “Website”), the Mizuno Instagram Page, and/or Mizuno Twitter Page, and by submitting a Photo, Video and/or Entry, you agree to the posting of such newsfeed stories on your Instagram and/or Twitter profile page, and the Website, the Mizuno Instagram Page, and/or Mizuno Twitter, and Vine Page, and your entry into the Contest and compliance with these Official Rules. You may enter as many Entries as many times as you like during the Promotion Period. Entries submitted will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the applicable Instagram account, or Twitter account, or Vine account from which the Entry is submitted. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account, or Twitter account, or Vine account by, as applicable, Instagram, Twitter or Vine. By submitting an Entry, each entrant consents to entry into the Contest and to receive from the Sponsors a reply Instagram or Twitter message or comment concerning the Entry and/or notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential prize winner.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET, AUGUST 3, 2013. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE 18 OR OLDER AND A RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 48 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF RHODE ISLAND, ARIZONA, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions. DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. SponsorS reserve the right to verify your eligibility to enter the Contest.
All Entries (i.e., Photos and Videos) must be consistent with Sponsors’ image and reputation. Entries cannot be offensive, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion and cannot (i) include any trademarks, service marks, logos, or copyrights or other materials not owned by you, the entrant, or used without the owner's express written permission, in a form acceptable to Sponsors; (ii) use another person’s name, image, likeness, or other identifiable feature without such person’s express written permission, in a form acceptable to Sponsors; (iii) include any celebrities or public figures; (iv) contain profanity, sexual content; content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), or that promotes violence or harm to another or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content; (v) defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies, including, but not limited to Sponsors; (vi) make threats of any kind, harass, bully or intimidate another; (vii) contain materials personifying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, living, or dead without express written permission, in a form satisfactory to Sponsors; or (viii) violate any applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that: (i) your Entry complies with the Official Rules; (ii) you are the creator of the Photo or Video concerning the Entry; (iii) to the best of your knowledge, the Entry was not previously published or the winner of an award of any kind; (iv) the Entry does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights; (v) the use, exhibition, or exploitation of the Entry by Sponsors will not require Sponsors to pay or incur any sums to any persons; and (vi) you obtained all permissions necessary in connection with the Entry and, upon request, will provide those permissions to Sponsors in a form acceptable to Sponsors.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA; WINNER SELECTION: The winner of the Contest will be determined on or about September 12, 2013. Sponsors shall select the winner of the Contest based on the originality, creativity, presentation, consistency with the Contest Theme and inspirational value of the Photo or Video submitted with the applicable Entry (the “Judging Criteria”). Sponsors will apply the Judging Criteria to all Entries with a Photo to determine the winning Photo Entry. Sponsors will also apply the Judging Criteria to all Entries with a Video to determine the winning Video Entry.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or about September 23, 2013, potential winner(s) who submitted an Instagram Entry will be notified by Sponsors with an Instagram comment and potential winner(s) who submitted a Twitter and/or Vine Entry will be notified by a direct Twitter message (the “Potential Winner Notification”). The potential winner(s) who submitted an Instagram Entry will be required to establish the potential winner(s) are the account holder of the Instagram account for the Instagram Entry by entering the precise comment, as directed by Sponsors in the Potential Winner Notification, to the potential winner(s) Photo or Video, within 72 HOURS from the date and time of the Potential Winner Notification from Sponsors. The potential winner(s) who submitted a Twitter Entry and/or Vine Entry will be required to respond to the Twitter message from Sponsors within 72 HOURS from the date and time of the Potential Winner Notification from Sponsors. If the potential winner timely responds to such Potential Winner Notification, he/she will be required to provide an email or postal mailing address, to which Sponsors will then send to potential winner(s) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsors may require (the “Affidavit”). In order to receive his/her Prize and be a winner of the Contest, the potential winner must sign and return to Sponsors a notarized Affidavit within fourteen (14) days after receipt of the Affidavit by the potential winner(s). In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Contest and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant’s e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the Contest, it is the entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Sponsors by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,000.00 and consists of a trip for the winner to/from winner’s most brilliant run destination within the Continental Unites States, as selected by the winner, and for one (1) one hour training run for the winner, based on the winner’s ability, as determined by Sponsors) during the trip with Bart Yasso, Chief Running Officer for Runner’s World. Trip includes roundtrip coach airfare for one (1) within the Continental US from/to a major commercial airport closest to the winner’s residence, as determined by Sponsors within their sole discretion, and two (2) nights’ standard hotel accommodations (one room). The total ARV of all Grand Prizes awarded is $4,000.00. There is a total of 1 Grand Prize to be awarded to 2 Grand Prize winners: 1 Grand Prize winner of the Grand Prize winning Photo Entry and 1 Grand Prize winner of the Grand Prize winning Video Entry. The ARV of the Runner-Up Prizes is $125 and consists of 1 pair of Mizuno running shoes. There is a total of 10 Runner-up Prizes to be awarded to 10 Runner-Up winners: 5 Runner-Up winners of the 5 Runner-Up winning Photo Entries and 5 Runner-Up winners of the 5 Runner-Up winning Video Entries. The total ARV of all Runner-Up prizes is $1,250. The total ARV of all prizes awarded (Grand Prizes and Runner-Up Prizes) is $5,250. Actual value of the Grand Prize depends on dates of travel and winner’s residency and departure city. In the event winner lives within 250 miles from the winner’s selected most brilliant run destination, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may award alternative travel arrangement in lieu of airfare. Trip must be booked by March 31, 2014. Winner shall not receive the difference between the actual value of the trip and the ARV in the form of a credit, monetary equivalent, or any additional prize. Only electronic airline tickets will be issued, if available. Prior to travel, winner may be responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., passports). Winner hereby release Sponsors from any duty to provide, check or verify any and all necessary passports, visas and tourist cards, birth certificates, vaccination certificates and any other travel or entry requirements (“Personal Documents”). Sponsors shall not have any responsibility for the replacement of lost or stolen Personal Documents or tickets, coupons, vouchers, receipts or other documents pertaining to the prize (“Travel Documents”) once the Travel Documents have been provided to winner. Certain reasonable travel restrictions such as holiday “black-out” dates or periods may apply. Dates of travel are subject to change at Sponsors’ sole discretion. All other expenses not specifically listed herein are solely the winner's responsibility including, but not limited to, airfare and accommodations over $2,000.00, sales taxes, gratuities, meals, ground transportation to/from winner's residence to/from airport, and all incidental expenses. Prize subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be sent an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of any prize at or above $600. No transfer, refund, substitution, or replacement of prizes permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 1 year of receipt of valid and executed winners’ affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries, including Photos or Videos that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any Web sites promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or select winner(s) to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at (website where contest will live).
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and Instagram, Twitter, and Vine and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. In the event that you breach any of your representations, warranties or undertakings contained herein, Sponsors shall be entitled to and may seek indemnification from you for recovery of all legal fees, damages, claims and other expenses that may be incurred by Sponsors or their affiliated entities as a result of your aforementioned breach. Entrant and winners agrees to indemnify Sponsors from any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising from or relating to entrant's participation in the Contest and the Entry. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsors have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the County of Lehigh, Pennsylvania. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
9. LIST OF WINNERS; FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES/CONTESTS: A winners’ list will be posted on the Web Site on or about October 23, 2013, or to receive a list of the winners after October 23, 2013 by mail send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed (VT state residents only may omit return postage), to: Mezamashii Run Contest, Rodale Inc., 400 South Tenth Street, Emmaus, PA 18098-0099, Attn: Donatella Zamora, or by e-mail send an e-mail to RWSweeps@rodale.com, and in the body of the e-mail type: Please e-mail me the winner’s list for the “Mezamashii Run Contest.”
10. SPONSORS: The Sponsors of the Contest are Rodale Inc., 400 South Tenth Street, Emmaus, PA 18098-0099 and Mizuno USA Inc., 4925 Avalon Ridge Parkway Norcross, Georgia 30071.